About the business & the role:
Pointons Chartered Accountants & Financial Planners are a small forward thinking accounting & wealth advisory firm located in Gawler.
We offer a fully integrated service across Business Advisory, SMSF, Tax, Accounting, Wealth Management, Financial Planning, Aged Care and Retirement Planning to a substantial portfolio of business & professional clients, and individuals.
Job tasks & responsibilities:
We are seeking to appoint a person who can process data & provide bookkeeping services for a variety of clients and business structures. The position would be initially for 25 hours per week over 5 days with the view of expanding to a full time roll in the future.
In this role you will:
- Process & manage accounts receivable & payable
- Process & reconcile payroll, superannuation & Pay As You Go Withholding, including year end procedures for payment summaries, Return to WorkSA, Superannuation & Taxable Payments reporting
- Data entry from source documents and/or bank feeds
- Reconcile bank accounts & balance sheet items & prepare reports at the end of each month
- Prepare Business Activity Statements & Instalment Activity Statements
- Have an understanding of income tax & GST
- Prepare electronic working papers
- Work with an accountant when necessary
Skills & Experience:
The ideal candidate will have obtained Certificate IV in Financial Services & have at least two years bookkeeping experience and be:
- Courteous, polite & well presented
- Proficient in the use of MYOB, Xero, Reckon, QuickBooks & Microsoft Office products (including Cloud software), and have been exposed to other bookkeeping software & add-ons
- Equipped with excellent communication skills, both verbal & written
- Able to build & maintain a mature & professional working relationship with all team members & clients
- Accurate in the work prepared & have an eye for detail
- Professional Development opportunities
- Friendly & supportive team
- Ongoing support & career progression
If you believe you have the skill set & experience to undertake this role, please forward your resume & covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information about our firm, please visit our website at http://www.pointons.com
Please note that only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications close Monday 3rd of December, 2018.